Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Promoting Your Book

Here are some useful links I've found on promoting your book after it's published.

Bryan D. Catherman at The Hopeless Writer blog wrote about book signings.

Miss Snark wrote about book signing tours.

J. A. Konrath wrote on his website about what works for him. He has a lot of useful information on his site, but please don't take everything he says as the gospel truth. For example, in another article, he suggests not sending a SASE to an agent with your query letter. I know a number of agents who say they throw SASE-less query letters away unread, including Miss Snark.

Maya Reynolds wrote on her blog about Refining My Booksigning Technique.

On DeepGenre, David Louis Edelman wrote about What Works on an Author Website? and How I Promoted My Book.

2 comments:

Maya Reynolds said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Deborah.

Regards,

Maya

Deborah K. White said...

Maya,

You're welcome.